A fantasy football draft site reviewing actual drafts that occurred for the 2007 fantasy football season. Fantasy football tips our given to help you with your own fantasy football team. Fantasy football player rankings are provided for your use during your fantasy football draft.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Round 1 of the 2007 Fantasy Football Draft

Note - this is an actual fantasy football draft that took place on Saturday, August 25, 2007. I was asked to split and draft a fantasy football team by the VP of the company I work for. He had to go out of town on business. I had no idea of the quality of players when I got there. After the draft was complete, I would say that 5 of the 10 knew what they were doing, and the other 5 talked a big game.

Of note, there were 10 teams and 16 rounds. In this league you start the following:

1 Quarterback
2 Running Backs
3 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Kicker
1 Defense
and any 7 players on the bench

I have the 3rd pick overall, and the order snakes around like most drafts do (pick 10 gets pick 11 too).

Round 1

Pick # Player Rank Position My Thoughts
1 Ladanian Tomlinson 1 RB
2 Steven Jackson 3 RB
3 Larry Johnson 2 RB Was hoping I would get Jackson, I'll take Johnson
4 Peyton Manning 10 QB Liking this draft
5 Joseph Addai 8 RB
6 Shaun Alexander 5 RB
7 Frank Gore 4 RB
8 Brian Westbrook 6 RB
9 Travis Henry 14 RB Liking this draft a lot
10 Willie Parker 7 RB

After 2 big reaches by some guys, I know some good RB's have a chance to fall to me. With Pick 18 I have to get pretty lucky for that to happen.

Click Here to go to Round 2 - Fantasy Football Draft

No comments: